I am Doug Maesk, candidate for Tamarac City Commissioner, District 4. Please take a few moments to learn more about me and how I am committed to Moving Tamarac Forward.
Moving Tamarac Forward
More than almost anything else, I believe that people want to be heard. As a resident of Tamarac District 4, you have a lot to offer. I want to listen, take what you have to say and turn it into positive change for our community.
My commitment to the residents and businesses in Tamarac includes:
- "Businesses Belong in Tamarac": Solid, Responsible Incentives
- Commerce Fast Track: Eliminate Unnecessary Business/City Bureaucracy
- Available and Interactive: Open Door, Town Halls, Robust Online Access
- Fiscal Transparency: Establishment of a Citizen's Approval Board
- Fiscal Responsibility: Citizen-centric review of our tax structure.
- Crime and Safety: Support of the BSO's Efforts and Community Policing
- Senior Services: Advocate for Transportation, Health, Fitness and other Programs
- "Tamarac Talent": Develop Student Mentorship Opportunities in Local Business and Government
- Diversity Forums: A Creative Approach to Everyone being Heard and Respected
When I announced my candidacy, the foremost thought in my mind was, “community first.” It still is. The power of all of us, together, can solve any problem, face any challenge and power us forward as we make our corner of the world a better, brighter place. That’s why I want this campaign to be an ongoing dialogue between you and me.
Faith that government is working for you and has your best interests at heart is important. It’s the foundation of a cohesive, vibrant community. Whether your concern is that you’re paying too much in taxes, have a business that’s struggling, or feel that it’s hard to find a sense of belonging in the community, I have a new, bold vision for Tamarac that addresses these points and will get us moving in the right direction again.
The three areas I will focus on as Commissioner are growth, efficient government and building community. To learn more about how my plan will help you, click here: A New Direction.
This is OUR chance to Move Tamarac Forward. It is our time to recognize the changing face of our city, and to serve its needs more effectively.
I ask for your vote and your support in making Tamarac THE place to live in South Florida.
Thank you, and I look forward to this journey with you!!